Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Stop obsessing!

ok...i admit when i was 16 till 18, i kept looking in the mirror and said, "SHIT! Look how FAT i am. I need to lose some weight."
I was a lil obssessed with my size and I couldn't accept the fact that i'm size M.

I realised i gained weight because of my cravings for food at night. But honestly, i don't go over obssesing with it and not eat, diets or jump on the scale machine everyday to remind myself how round i look. (i don't own a weight machine by the way).

My family members contributed to my depressing weight issues by saying, "Wah Erinn, gain alot of weight already ar?" or "Eh, fei jou wo (fat already)" or "Why suddenly you put on so much of weight? The last i saw you, you were size zero!"

Please tell me how can a 17 year old teen accept cruel comments like the above in a positive way when she's living in this new millennium that thinks

thin = GOOD
plum/fat = BAD

I didn't cry, i just feel sad and insecure at times. Then one point, i was so fed up with me being fat, round or plum... I just accepted it and move on. Changed my mindset and i never felt better in life. I eat healthy, exercise & stop craving. Well...HEHE.. i admit i still eat a lot and crave for cheese but i try not to take supper at night. Thanks to stress i lost a couple of pounds. Now i can finally wear my DKNY jeans after so many years. But no matter what, i still think people should be more sensitive when it comes to size and weight issues. If you can, please please do not comment on someone's size.

I have a friend who had just recently put on some weight and her parents are like reminding her all the time that she's fat and need to lose them. C'mon! It's just 4 kg and it's not the end of the world people. Think people THINK! How insensitive parents can be?

So my mom and i consoled her and try to make her think positive. This is why i ALWAYS tell my parents to not talk or comment about someone's size. See how cruel adults can be without realising it? You wanna say someone's fat, tell it to yrself.
Do not rub salt on someone's wound. Do not feed misery to others.

If you appreciate your body, you'll feel good and secure. When you feel good, you have confidence. And when you're confident, you are ATTRACTIVE!

have a good day! *hugs & kisses*


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home