Monday, February 21, 2011

On a cold cold Sunday

I have to focus on my work. I've been procrastinating for too long! My dissertation, my final design project and my other professional design work AND my portfolio!! So much work to do and I'm wasting time watching drama series and snacking. As I my dissertation, after each paragraph, I take a bite of Milka chocolates which I know I will pay for it later on at the gym. This has to stop. Maybe this is another way on channeling my stress you think?

Oh! And just half an hour ago, I purchased 2 used books from AbeBooks which is considered a splurge because I have no time to read or will not read until I graduate or should be reading design/architecture books. I subscribed to 1 year subscription of Wallpaper magazine; I have Lorraine Farrelly's The Fundamentals of Architecture in my Amazon cart; I have 2 new Frame magazines lying on my carpet; I'm not done reading What Your Teacher Didn't Tell You by Farish Noor; the plastic seal on The Complete Maus illustration book given by my brother is still intact. I thought the 30 minutes bus ride to work from Salford to Bury would allow me to read a book but since last 2 weeks ago, Fu is able to pick me up from the city meaning I walk to the city now to meet him and no riding the bus anymore. I barely take the university bus so there. I think I should start purchasing audio books which I don't really like because my hearing is bad (for my age) and I prefer to own a physical copy of the book.

I've been drinking too much homemade "Irish" coffee and it needs to stop because it's an addiction and not a good one. I drink it in the mornings, afternoons and nights and this addiction is not going anywhere good when you start to sneak around and secretly make Irish coffee in the common kitchen and hoping your flat mates don't walk in to you pouring Baileys into your coffee cup. I think I have to go to Aldi and buy a bottle of Baileys to refill into the current bottle so it doesn't get suspicious.

I have to shower and complete my brief for my major design project and prepare myself for tomorrow's tutorial with Trevor.

Have a good day!




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home