Sunday, September 20, 2009

Salford, Greater Manchester

Finally after all the talking about going to study in the UK. It's finally happening for me. I will be studying in University of Salford in Greater Manchester, England pursuing my Bachelor in Interior Design. Infact i'm already here at my uni accommodation in my room. Arrived in Manchester airport on Tuesday, Sept 15th at 1pm and headed to my accommodation by coach (arranged by the Uni) - about 15 minutes drive. Salford itself it's a dodgy town by i'll be fine. I will just have to be a bit more careful when walking down the roads especially at night. For the past few days i was busy settling in my place, student registeration, checking-in, orientation and banking. My room's not too bad - will intend to jazz it up a bit to make it more comfy & homey. The weather can be a bitch i tell you.

I just came back from a daytrip to York 2hours ago. Will tell you all more about it in my next post. Cooked my own dinner - Chicken soup w/ button mushrooms and toast. I'm tired from all the walking that (and carrying my groceries) i've been doing for the past couple of days.
-To uni main campus (15 mins walk)
-To the city centre (10 mins walk)
-To Tesco Metro (15 mins walk)

I've been working for too long until i almost forgot how student life was. Gonna do it all over again. Will they annoy me? Will they ever stop being so excited? Will i get along with 18/19 year olds? Will i ever wanna get tipsy and do my horrible catwalk on the streets with my heels on? Will i adopt a British accent and bring it back home to annoy my family and friends? Will i get along with my flatmate? Will i do good in my classes? Sigh...bloody hell.

I HAVE TO REALLY GET USE to boys wearing super low baggy jeans and showing off their underwears/boxers/asses. 2 things that keeps the pants on:
1. A belt
2. Their balls

Ok i'm done with my dinner and i wanna "gao gao chu" soon. I'm so tired and my whole body is aching. I miss home and my fluffy Zoey.

p/s: There was rabbit pie at the Food Festival in York today. Ugh..

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home